October 28, 2012

Old British Newspaper's Advertisements

Here there are two lovely vintage ladies’ shoe ads from a British newspaper. The newspaper pages were not complete and I was not able to verify the publication date, but looking at the shoe styles I consider them to be of the 1950’s.



The next one is for Mazda lamps and lightning and on this particular image I must say that when I saw the advertisement I thought it was Mazda "the Japanese automobile company", but then to my surprise I realized that it was about lightning and got curious so I did a research online to come to know that Mazda was a trademarked name registered by General Electric in 1909 for incandescent light bulbs. The name was used from 1909 through 1945 in the United States by General Electric and Westinghouse. Mazda brand light bulbs were made for decades after 1945 outside the USA, including UK.  


The last one is for the Denu-Wear children's set in London.


Enjoy using them in your projects & Thank you so much for reading.


Erika

12 comments:

We really appreciate your thoughts, please feel free to contact us. I will be answering the comments from my email. Thank you very much for visiting our blog. Erika