October 31, 2012

Vintage Neoclassical & Art Nouveau

Today I want to share this beautiful portrait, painted by Jacques-Louis David, a famous French artist of the neoclassical style.  The portrait is of Madamme Emile Sereziat, who was his sister in law and he painted it 1795.    


I got this copy as a postcard of course; the original is at the Louvre Museum in Paris, France. 
According to Wikipedia, on a fashion note, it shows the beginning of neo-classical trends in women's attire.


Alphonse Maria Mucha is one of my favorite illustration artists; he was born in the town of Ivančice, Moravia (the present Czech Republic). He was a Czech painter and decorative artist, known best for his distinct style.

Today I post his French vintage perfume ad made circa 1900.  The advertisement is for "Bleuze-Hadancourt Parfumeur," in Paris.



I used one of his beautiful illustrations to decorate a round jewelry box I posted sometime ago.  You can see the project HERE.

Have a great week,

Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your thoughts, please feel free to contact us. I will be answering the comments from my email. Thank you very much for visiting our blog. Erika